I used a ribbon flower that was a sample for my friend Christen Brown's book, Ribbonwork Gardens.
I backstitched with 11's and a drop bead mix and then stitched the flower in the middle.
When that was finished I really wanted to do some wire work. I had treated myself to several C-Koop components when Bead Soup had a trunk show of their fantastic enameled components. I told myself it was a Christmas present to me! So, I wanted to make a bracelet with some of the pieces and I decided to make one similar to the squirrel bracelet I made my daughter in the fall.
This is what I came up with.
I had gotten 6 flowers on head pins and I used three in the bracelet. You'll be seeing the others soon in another piece I have in mind! There is a base piece with holes in it and I wrapped the wire from the head pin around the base and coiled the ends to look like tendrils. I used copper wire for the bracelet and two enameled bead. I used an enameled toggle to finish it.
That's about all I've accomplished this month. I think things are finally settling down and so I hope to show you the other things I have in mind for the rest of my gift to myself!
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a good day and that you get to spend some time making something fun!