Saturday, September 17, 2011

Cherry Wine



That's what I thought of as I worked this variation on Heather Collins' Triangles pattern. I have to tell you that you should visit Heather's store.  Her patterns are great, both the designs and the directions. They are clear and easy to follow. Back to this variation. The colors, and I suppose the time of year, just seemed to say Cherry Wine.  I had the idea to try this variation while I was bezeling the rivoli for the pendant from her pattern.  For this variation I followed the directions for the base triangle and the bezel, adding an extra row to the bezel.  Then, instead of putting a rivoli  in the opening, I left it open and added fringe, using beads that coordinated with the delicas.  I love the idea that the fringe is spilling out of the opening.  It doesn't fill the entire opening, which is a little difficult to see in the photo.  I attached it to the base triangle and used daggers and drop beads along with the Delicas.  Once the beading was finished, I added jump  rings to the corner beads and added a fine gold chain.  It's a soft looking necklace that has gotten several positive comments when I've worn it.  I'm really pleased with this variation and I want to play around with it to see where I can go with it.  For now, I'm finishing up the project which is going to be the culmination of all this triangle play!  I like what have so far.  It should be finished this coming week.  So, stay tuned for the next installment in my triangle series.
Thank you for stopping by today.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend and that you're able to find time to do something creative.



2 comments:

  1. Oh I so can not wait! I love what you did with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooooo pretty! I would love to see a picture with the chain on it too!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Let me know you've been visiting.