Saturday, July 30, 2011

Silken Straw Necklace



Silken Straw is a fabulous silk yarn from Alchemy Yarns.  Of course, there aren't any of Alchemy's yarns that I don't love.  The colors are beautiful and rich and the yarns themselves are very special.  One of my favorites is their Silken Straw.  It's a silk yarn that is almost papery in its feel and appearnce.  It's a very narrow ribbon that softens as you knit and wear it.  I've used it, along with other Alchemy yarns in my Bohemian scarves, and I just love it!! Oh, I think I've made that point already!  One thing I'd been wanting to make with Silken Straw is a necklace.  The colors are so beautiful and I knew I probably had lots of beads that would coordinate with it.  I don't have many skeins of it because it's not an inexpensive yarn, but I do occasionally splurge and buy a skein I just can't resist.  The color I chose for this necklace was "Desert Song".  I had some matte peach long magatamas and I loved the way the beads and the yarn complimented each other.  I brought a bead up at the beginning of each row of garter stitch and used short rows for shaping.  A copper slide clasp was all it needed to finish it off. I think it looks simple but elegant.




The peachy color of the magatamas was hard to capture, but they really are a lovely matte peach color.

I'm finishing up another knitted necklace that is going to use another color of Silken Straw as an embellishment.  Hopefully, it'll be ready for photos soon.

Thank you for stopping by the blog.  Have a wonderful day.


1 comment:

I love to hear from you! Let me know you've been visiting.