Saturday, December 20, 2014

And, for the finale...

Hi everyone, welcome at this busy holiday time!   I'm back with my last entry into The 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie style.   I can't believe it's been 12 weeks since Linda debuted her first tag of this year's challenge.  If you would like to see that tag, or learn what the requirements are for the challenge you can go here.  But, we have come to the last entry and Linda's tag was fantastic!  It was a beautiful ending to the series!  I love it and had much to be inspired by in this tag.  Here is what my piece looks like.


 
 
If you looked at Linda's tag you'll notice that she did a weathered wood background.  I loved that background which was designed by Jennie Marples.  A link to the tutorial is in Linda's blog post for Tag 12.  I'm pleased with the way my background turned out even though I didn't have the colors of reinker that are specified in the tutorial.  I made do with what I had and I think it turned out okay.  Actually, I'm pretty happy with it and I know I'll use the technique again! 
 
 
While Linda's tag represented the side of house with a lovely wreath hanging on a  window with a window box I decided to just do the weathered wood background.   I think of it as a weathered wood fence with a wreath hanging on it.  I cut the wreath with the TH wreath die out of manila CS that I sprayed with a few different green sprays.  I edged it with white flocking and some iridescent glitter.  I used some red gumdrops for berries and seam binding sprayed with Barn Door Distress Spray for a bow.    Under the wreath I used one of the new TH Holiday Sentiments stamps with black archival ink.  Here are some close ups.
 
 

 
 
 
Well, that's it for this year!  I hope you'll check out Linda's shop, which is the sponsor for the challenge. 
 
I want to thank Linda for hosting this fun challenge.  Her inspiration is awesome and I love working on this every year. 
 
And, I want to thank all of you who read my blog and comment.  I appreciate it so much.  I wish all of you the most wonderful of holiday seasons.  
 

 


7 comments:

  1. Stunning Maryanne, a grand finale for sure! Well done for finishing them all! Love the effect of the gold on the wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have all been so beautiful, including your final one! i love the distressed look of this - what a fantastic technique and really brings out that wintry feeling of the season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, I love all your tags and they have put me totally in the spirit. Great designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love your traditional Christmas colors, and the red gumdrops are the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! And that's a great background you've done - I shall definitely pop over to Linda's blog and see how it's done - it's very realistic. I love the text stamp - I bought the smaller sized set a few weeks ago but haven't got round to using it yet - hopefully I'll try it out before next christmas! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My last house was surrounded by a split rail fence - with wooden gates. We ALWAYS hung our wreath on those gates at Christmastime - your card could have been a picture of my "old" gates! Love this look - and this tag!

    I have so enjoyed seeing your 12 tags this year - you are so creatively talented!! Wishing you and yours a Merry, Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Holidays Maryanne!! I just love all your tags!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Let me know you've been visiting.