Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style 4

Hi everyone!  Thanks for dropping in for a visit.  I'm back with my 4th tag for Linda's 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie style.  You can find all the details about the challenge on the sidebar of her blog.   Here is my tag, inspired by Linda's.

 
 
 
I really loved Linda's use of the burlap squares running along the side of the tag and that was my inspiration for this version.  I started with a size 10 tag and used Distress Stain in Bundled Sage and Forest Moss for the background.  I then cut a piece of holiday scrapbook kraft paper to go over the tag.  I found a coil of paper ribbon that I've had for ages and put that down along the right edge.  The burlap squares went over that.  The letters are corrugated foil letters that I had left over from a Santa tag banner I made last year.  They didn't photograph well because the are so shiny but they really are a fun bright holiday red.  I used the TH tattered poinsettia die and the corresponding embossing folder to cut and emboss the poinsettias.  The foliage and pinecone come from the holiday foliage die.  I used an Authentique sticker for the message. 
 
This was a fun tag to create.  I knew immediately that I was going to use Linda's idea of the burlap squares.  I really love the homespun look of this.  Here are some details.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
So, that's tag number 4!  Check out Linda's gorgeous creations on her blog and be sure to stop by her shop which is the sponsor of this great challenge! 
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing my adventures in art making!  I hope you have a wonderful week.
 
 



4 comments:

  1. The burlap and the corrugated foil got me really excited for this tag~they look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Maryanne! Absolutely love how you did your word with the burlap over that ribbon strip! Very clever and effective!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maryanne! First of all, I want to thank you SO MUCH for your wonderful comments left at my blog. I can't tell you how much your visit made my day. And secondly, but certainly not least, I absolutely love this Christmas project. The textures that you added here look amazing, and your colors and design are so festive. I am very happy that I stopped by your blog to get into the Christmas spirit! Thanks!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous, Maryanne! Beautiful work with that Tattered Poinsettia die - love the way they look here. And your letters/burlap are just fantastic. Terrific take on tag #4!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Let me know you've been visiting.