Sunday, November 11, 2012

Cold Connections

Just a short post this morning to show you a new pendant I made using cold connections to attach a cab to a piece of copper sheet metal. 


I'm not very good at soldering yet.  I'm making working on soldering a goal for after the New Year.  But, for now I'm not very good at it.  I also love cold connections!  I love to find ways of attaching bits without a torch.  I had this amazonite cab and decided to try attaching it with wire to a backing.  This is the result.    I added some of my favorite random wire weaving to one side and riveted the other side to another piece of sheet metal.  I like how it turned out..  It's asymetrical, which I can never resist, and I love way the colors of the amazonite worked with the copper.

Here's another picture.



Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great Sunday and remember our Veterans today.  
 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Maryanne! I so love to see your metal work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous, love the metal work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful cab...and it works so well with your patinated sheet metal! This looks great! I can tell you are having fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! It's like you somehow know exactly what I love and then you make it!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Let me know you've been visiting.