Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Time to Think of Hearts

This time of year, late January, when everything outside is wearing it's subtle winter colors, I start to think of Valentine's Day with it's bright happy red hearts and flowers!  I've loved Valentine's Day since I was a child because it injected a bright spot just when I thought the sun was gone forever!  My mom always made my cousin and me heart shaped cakes and gave us little gifts with hearts on them!  I've continued that tradition with my family. 

This year Michelle Mach has a challenge going on her blog.  She has been embossing cards and offered 25 people the oportunity to receive one of them and then alter it for Valentine's Day.  She'll post pictures of all the cards on her blog on Valentine's Day.  Since I've decided to finally act on my love of paper arts I decided to ask Michelle for one of the cards.  Everyone had a choice of 3 different cards and I chose the one with the embossed leaves. 



It's so pretty and I had an idea for what I wanted to do with it as soon as I saw it.  This just a tease.  The card will be revealed on Valentine's Day.  So, stay tuned.  I've got some other Valentine projects in the works as well.

Not much bead jewelry going on right now.  I've been doing some wirework and I'll post my latest pendant in a few days, once I have it completed.  I've also been working on a knitted birthday present for a friend.  So, can't post that until after she gets it!  Just in case she decides to check out the blog!  But, I have to get started on the Beading Babes project soon.  So, lots to come. 

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you have a wonderful day and that you get to create something you love.


1 comment:

  1. Maryanne,
    I thought about doing this challenge, but I pasted cause I was afraid I would ruin the card, it has been a long time since I worked with paper and such. I did just sign up for her Spring challenge though. Can not wait to see what you did with your card. I have started the Ravishing Rosette necklace it took me a few tries before I got it right(hence the #7 earrings for week 3 on my blog) but I think it will be very pretty when it is done. I have not started the bracelet yet.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Let me know you've been visiting.