Saturday, December 18, 2010

Almost Christmas

I've not been here for a while.  The holidays crept up on me and I found myself behind in many things.  The blog was just one of them.  But, at one week out, I seem to have caught up and feel things are under control, or at least as much as they can be under control at this time of year!

I've not done much creating this year.  I had hoped to make some tags like I did last year.  Tim Holtz did his fabulous 12 Tags of Christmas again this year and that's always inspirational.  But, time wasn't on my side.  On the other hand, my daughter, Carrie, made some beautiful tags that we're using in our decorations!  I did find time in the evenings earlier in the month to make a bracelet that I got as a kit from Fusionbeads.com



It's a herringbone stitch design which comes in several colorways.  I loved the yellow green with berry accents for the holidays.  It was fun to stitch and it fit my small wrist with just minor adjustments.  Always a plus! 

This week I finally got to go to the Wednesday beading get together at my favorite bead shop, Bead Soup, at Savage Mill after several weeks of not getting to be there.  Kathy does such a great job and it's a lot of fun to get together on Wednesday to sit, bead and visit with friends.  I made this little pendant under Kathy's direction. 



I'm going to add a beaded necklace, probably using the spiral rope stitch.  But, I think it turned out well.  It looks frosty and wintery, perfect for this time of year.

I'll be back in a few days to show you a couple of new Christmas tree ornaments that I made earlier in the year.  I haven't made new ornaments in several years and I missed it. 

In the meantime, I hope your holiday preparations are going well and that you've found some time for yourself in all the hustle and bustle!




1 comment:

  1. These are lovely Maryanne, I hope that you get to wear them soon! I think that I know why you haven't been able to work on so many projects, thanks for that! Christen

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Let me know you've been visiting.