Monday, June 14, 2010

The Transformation Completed

As I posted a few days ago, I decided to remake this necklace.  I had never been happy with it even though I always got compliments when I wore it. 


One of the things I liked least about the necklace was the string of beads that the triangles were suspended from, so I started with that.  The original necklace was cream colored size 11 Delicas, size 8 hex beads, and 4mm cubes strung in a pattern.  I liked the cream color with the summery colors of the triangles.  So, I decided to stitch a spiral rope, one of my favorite stitches, out of the same Delicas and the same  hex beads.  I eliminated the cubes.  I think it makes a more substantial looking necklace.  Then I auditioned several ways of attaching the triangles.  This is the result.



I decided to make chains of triangles.  I used the hex beads to attach the triangles together and then used a hex bead to attach the string to the spiral rope. 



Here you can see the rope and the attachment of the triangles.  I had spent several weeks last year making the triangles after seeing an article in Beadwork magazine's December 2008/January 2009 issue about Phyllis Dintenfass and her geometric beadwork.  The project offered to go along with the article featured these triangles.  I love geometric beadwork so I pulled out some beads and started making triangles.  One triangle led to another triangle!  Each one is a different color on each side.  So, this necklace is actually reversible, which is very cool,  I think! 

I'm happy with the reworked necklace.  I think I'll enjoy wearing it more than I did before.  In fact, I think I'll wear it today, just for fun!

Thanks for visiting today.  I hope you have a wonderful and creative day.
.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love it! It was nifty before, but it's just stunning now. One of these days, we really need to have a "learn to play with beads" lesson!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Let me know you've been visiting.