Friday, November 27, 2009

Hello and Welcome!

Hello!  Welcome to my new blog.  I'm very excited about having a blog and being able to share my creative efforts with you.  Having a blog is something I've thought about for a long time.  I'm a real beginner, but hopefully you'll bear with me while I learn my way around.

I chose the name for my blog with  help from my daughter, Carrie.  Years ago a family friend nicknamed one of my aunts "Zingala", meaning gypsy, in Italian.  My aunt and I had similar taste and occasionally I would share the nickname.  A few years ago my husband bought me a doll ornament for Christmas because she was clothed in chiffon and beads and crocheted flowers in all the bright colors I love.  I immediately claimed her as my muse and named her Zingala!  She hangs near my knitting chair and I love looking at her and having her inspire me.  Since my daughter is helping me set up this blog, I asked her for input on a name. She thought of "Zingala's Workshop".  I love it and thought it appropriate given that it's a name that's been with me since childhood.  So that's the story of the blog's name.  I thought it needed some explanation.

The big news from my studio is that the Stampington publication, Belle Armoire, is going to feature one of my jackets in an upcoming issue.  I'm in the process of writing the article now.  It's very exciting!  I'll keep you posted as to which issue the article will be in.
I've been in the Salon section of the magazine before and I've had a piece of knitted jewelry featured in an article in Belle Armoire Jewelry.  It's called "Fantasy Floral Collar" and it's available as a written pattern from
Earthfaire or from me if you email me. 

Fantasy Floral Collar

Well, I think I've come to the end of my first post.  I hope to keep in touch often.  I love to talk about my ideas and projects that I have going on in my studio. 

Thanks for visiting.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations Maryanne on your blog and first post. I look forward to visiting often! Christen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Christen! I'm excited about the blog and I hope to really get it going once I have the holidays under control!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You're a blogger!

    Now we just have to see if you or C updates more often. :D

    -Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once I get the holidays under control I hope to blog on a more regular basis!
    Glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the publication! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Christy. It's exciting. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful collar and a huge congratulations both in starting your blog and in your upcoming design in Belle Armoire!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for visiting, Beverly. I'm so pleased that you stopped by. I'm really excited about the article. I'll keep everyone posted on progress with it.
    Maryanne

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Let me know you've been visiting.